Riston Church of England Primary Academy and Sigglesthorne Church of England Primary Academy
Salary: Headteacher or Head of School – L10-L16 (£51,311 - £59,528)
Location: Village schools in the East Riding of Yorkshire, close to Hornsea, 4.5 miles apart
Job term: Permanent Headteacher
The Governors, Staff and Pupils of two village schools in the beautiful East Riding of Yorkshire, a ten minute drive apart, are looking for an enthusiastic Headteacher or Head of School who will sustain and build on the success of the schools’ rich, developmental philosophies, their Christian distinctiveness and their role as schools at the heart of close-knit, warm and friendly communities.
The person we are looking for will be fully supportive of the schools’ Christian vision and committed to maintaining and developing the excellent links between St Margaret’s Church in Long Riston and Saint Lawrence Church in Sigglesthorne.
They should have a passion for excellence and will be able to demonstrate, from their track record of whole school change, the ability to lead the schools to outcomes their communities expect and deserve.
Our new Headteacher or Head of School will also embrace being a valued part of the Ebor Academy Trust family of schools. Ebor currently comprises 24 schools, mainly primary.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Be a leader who can demonstrate having accelerated pupil progress across their school
• Be highly motivated and committed to working in partnership with staff and governors in taking the school forward
• Be able to articulate an explicitly Christian vision that impacts positively upon standards of achievement, the distinctively Christian character of the schools and the well-being of the whole school communities
• Demonstrate their commitment to engaging fully with parents/carers and the communities.
In return we can offer:
• Pupils with good attitudes to learning
• A highly committed staff with well-established and supportive senior leaders
• Well-developed systems and programmes to support disadvantaged children
• A supportive governing body and Diocese
• Through Ebor Academy Trust, a commitment to your professional development.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Tuesday 1 September 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 September 2020
Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS and two references, at least one being from your current employer.